To be the leading authority on travel trade in Kenya.
To champion and sustain growth of travel industry in Kenya.
1. Excellence: we strive to be the best in everything we do. Exceeding expectations for continual improvement.
2. Professionalism: we adhere to work ethics, respect and consideration for others.
3. Integrity: we are committed to principles of trustworthiness, honesty and reliability in order to build the credibility of the Association and its members.
4. Care: we adhere to reasonable due diligence in conduct of business on behalf of members.
5. Unity: we foster the spirit of working together and collaborating for greater achievements.
1. Represent – represent members in local and international spaces.
2. Influence – lobbying for favourable policies on behalf of members.
3. Defend – protect travel trade through advocacy and enforcing code of ethics and standards.
4. Empower – members and association through institutional capacity building.
5. Socialize – networking and building partnerships with local and international organizations.
KATA has greatly assisted in lobbying government, Default Insurance Program (DIP), International Air Transport Association (IATA ) related issues and airlines-CIP dismissals.
KATA has represented its members in both local and international meetings ,conferences like the (APJC) Agency Programme Joint Council, UFTAA Congresses. The conferences provide KATA with a unique covergence of networking and learning.
KATA has networked with both local and international organizations i.e FESATA (Federation of Eastern & Southern African Travel Agents Associations) and UFTAA (Universal Federation of Travel Agents Association) making connections and building enduring mutually beneficial relationships.
KATA has facilitated a number of Industry Trainings e.g Travel Agents Innovation Forum, Excellence at the workplace workshop, Customer Service workshop among others. KATA is keen on improving performance at both individual and organizational levels for the effectiveness and efficiency of the travel industry as a whole.